YOUR VOTE: Vermont
Get ready to cast your ballot.
With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 8, 2022
Voter Registration Deadline
- November 8, 2022 - Voters may register in person at their polling places on Election Day. You can also register to vote online.
Ballot Request Deadlines:
- Vermont automatically mails absentee ballots to all active registered voters by October 1, 2022. Military or overseas voters are strongly recommended to request an early or absentee ballot at least 45 days before the general election.
- November 7, 2022 - Final day to return a completed absentee ballot request.
Ballot Return Deadlines:
- November 7, 2022 - Final day to return a completed absentee ballot to the town clerk’s office before the close of the office.
- November 8, 2022 at 7 p.m. - Deadline to return a completed absentee ballot to the polling place.
Active registered voters in Vermont are automatically mailed an absentee ballot. Learn more here.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here's everything necessary to register as a voter this election season in Vermont
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, use the Vermont Secretary of State's Polling Place Locator to find where to cast your ballot.
V. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Vermont only requires that first-time voters who registered online or by mail have a valid picture ID to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
VI. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- The Elections Division of the Vermont Secretary of State can be reached at the following phone number: (802) 828-2363 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Voting Helpline:
- Call 800-439-VOTE
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Vermonters!
YOUR VOTE: West VirginiaBy Countable WEST VIRGINIA With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the
YOUR VOTE: UtahBy Countable UTAH With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents
YOUR VOTE: WashingtonBy Countable WASHINGTON With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents