YOUR VOTE: Tennessee
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- The registration cutoff for the General Election is October 5, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Submit your absentee ballot request as early as possible. Your local election office must receive your request by October 27.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
Tennesse is NOT allowing those concerned about COVID-19 to vote by mail this fall.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Tennessee.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your county clerk.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- No. Although some counties require masks to be worn indoors, there's an exception for voting.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
COVID-19 is NOT an accepted reason for requesting a mail-in ballot. Only people who meet certain eligibility requirements can vote by mail in Tennessee:
- If you're eligible to, and want to, vote by mail, request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Here are Tennessee's Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Tennessee requires a photo ID to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your polling place for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- Voters without valid ID can still vote by signing a Personal Identification Affidavit.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Tennessee Secretary of State's Elections Division:
- Call (615) 741-7956 or email email@example.com.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Tennesseans!View all
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,