YOUR VOTE: South Dakota
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff: October 19, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is (received by) November 2, 2020.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
South Dakota is allowing no-excuse mail-in voting due to COVID-19. Voters who would like to vote by mail this fall must submit their requests in time to be received by November 2, 2020.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in South Dakota.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your City or Town Clerk.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- It's still unclear whether South Dakota will require face masks at the polls this fall. Check with your polling locationto see if it requires a mask.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
South Dakotans who want to vote by mail don't need to provide excuses when applying to vote by mail:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. A no-excuse vote by mail application can be downloaded here.
- Find South Dakota's latest COVID-19 elections updates here.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- South Dakota requires a photo ID to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your county auditor for a list of acceptable credentials.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you are not able to present acceptable ID, you can still vote by signing a Personal Identification Affidavit.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The South Dakota Secretary of State:
- Call (605) 773-3537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), South Dakotans!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,