YOUR VOTE: Rhode Island
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 4, 2020..
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Submit your mail-in ballot request to your local board of canvassers as early as possible. It must be received by October 13, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Mail your ballot to the Rhode Island Board of Elections or drop it off at any of the secure 24-hour drop box locations around the state. Contact your local board of canvassers for help locating your nearest drop box or consult this list of drop boxes around the state.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Rhode Island.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your local Board of Canvassers.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- No. While poll workers will be required to wear masks and gloves, voters will not be required to wear masks or gloves (however, it's encouraged to wear both items).
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
COVID-19 is an accepted reason for requesting a mail-in ballot:
- Submit your mail-in ballot request to your local Board of Canvassers as early as possible. It must be received by October 13, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. An absentee ballot request form can be downloaded here.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Rhode Island requires a photo ID to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your Board of Canvassers for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you do not have a valid ID, you'll able to cast a provisional ballot. After casting a provisional ballot, you'll have until the close of business the day after the election to provide information to the Board of Canvassers to help qualify your ballot.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Rhode Island Official Election Center:
- Call (401) 222-2345 or email email@example.com.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Rhode Islanders!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,