YOUR VOTE: Pennsylvania
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 27, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- No deadline, but request your absentee ballot from your county election office as early as possible. It has to be received by October 27, 2020.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- If you are returning your completed absentee ballot by U.S. Mail, the clerk must receive it by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Pennsylvania voters can vote by mail, no excuse needed. Requests for mail-in ballots must be received by October 27, and ballots must be received by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Pennsylvania.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your county election officials.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- No. Although Gov. Tom Wolf and the Pennsylvania Department of Health recommend wearing masks in public, Gov. Wolf stated in a June 2020 press conference that masks would not be required to vote.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
COVID-19 is an accepted reason for requesting a mail-in ballot:
- Request your mail-in from your county election office as early as possible. An Mail-in Ballot Application can be downloaded here, or you can apply online.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Pennsylvania requires a photo ID for all first-time voters.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your county election officials for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- Once you have registered to vote, no further voter ID is required to vote in Pennsylvania, except for some first time voters.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Pennsylvania Secretary of State:
- Call 1-877-VOTESPA (1-877-868-3772) or email ST-HAVA@pa.gov.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Pennsylvanians!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,