YOUR VOTE: North Dakota
Get ready to cast your ballot.
With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 8, 2022
Voter Registration Deadline
- North Dakota is the only state that does not require voter registration. Any eligible voter may vote if they provide acceptable identification.
Ballot Request Deadlines:
- October 29, 2022 - It is recommended that you mail your absentee ballot application at least 10 days before Election Day.
- Absentee ballots become available September 29, 2022 from your county auditor’s office.
Ballot Return Deadlines:
- November 7, 2022 - Deadline to return your completed absentee ballot in person to your county auditor’s office or a drop box location.
- November 21, 2022 - Deadline to return your completed absentee ballot by mail if postmarked no later than November 7, 2022
Registered voters in North Dakota who want to vote by absentee ballot this fall should submit an absentee ballot application via mail or online to their local county auditor’s office as early as possible.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here's everything necessary to register as a voter this election season in North Dakota.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, use the North Dakota Secretary of State Voting Information Portal or check out this list to find where to cast your ballot.
V. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- North Dakota requires identification to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
Don't have a valid ID?
- You can obtain a free DOT Nondriver’s ID here.
- If you're not able to show a valid form of identification you may mark a ballot that will be securely set aside. When you provide valid identification to the proper election official prior to the meeting of the canvassing board, the set aside ballot will be presented to the canvassing board for proper inclusion in the tally.
VI. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
- The Elections Division of the North Dakota Secretary of State can be reached at the following phone number: (701) 328-4146 or Toll Free at (800) 352-0867 ext. 328-4146 or via email at email@example.com.
Any other questions?
- Check out the Elections Division of the North Dakota Secretary of State.
- Look up your county auditor.
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), North Dakotans!
YOUR VOTE: West VirginiaBy Countable WEST VIRGINIA With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the
YOUR VOTE: VermontBy Countable VERMONT With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents
YOUR VOTE: UtahBy Countable UTAH With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents