YOUR VOTE: New Jersey
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 13, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Any New Jersey voter who wants to do so may vote by mail.
- Absentee ballot requests must be received at your county clerk's office by October 27.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
All New Jersey voters are eligible to vote by mail. Requests for mail-in ballots must be received by October 27.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in New Jersey.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your county clerk's office.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Yes. Those who vote in person are required to wear masks.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
New Jersey voters don't need an excuse to request mail-in ballots:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- New Jersey requires a identification if you did not provide identification when you registered.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your county clerk's office for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- Once you have registered to vote, no further voter ID is required to vote in NJ except for some first time voters.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The New Hampshire Elections Division:
- Call 1-877-NJ-VOTER or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), New Jerseyites!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,