YOUR VOTE: Montana
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Postmarked by October 5, 2020;
- Post received by October 8, 2020; and
- Election Day registration and voting by November 3, 2020 at 8:00PM MST.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Mail-in ballot requests must be received by your local election office by November 2, 2020.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
Montana will send mail-in ballots to all active voters. Those who need to request mail-in ballots must do so by November 2.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Montana.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot if you don't want to vote by mail.
- Click here to find contact information for your City or Town Clerk.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Most likely yes. In mid-July 2020, Gov. Steve Bullock issued an order requiring Montanans to wear masks in indoor public spaces in any Montana county with four or more active COVID-19 cases. Most likely, that will apply in many parts of the state in November.
- However, you should contact your local election administrator for the most up-to-date information on this issue near or on Election Day.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
No excuse is needed to receive a mail-in ballot in Montana:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible — the deadline is November 2. An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Montana requires identification to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your election administrator for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- Voters without ID can still vote by requesting and filling out a "Polling Place Elector ID" form or voting a provisional ballot. For their provisional ballots to count, such voters must provide accepted ID to the county election office by 5:00 p.m. the day after the election or mail their ID to the county election office the day after the election (postmarked).
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Montana Secretary of State:
- Call 888-884-VOTE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Montanans!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,