YOUR VOTE: Indiana
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 5, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Indiana is not allowing voters to vote by mail due to COVID-19.
- Those who are eligible to vote by mail are advised to request their absentee ballots as early as possible. The deadline to request mail-in ballots is October 22.
- An Absentee Ballot request can be submitted here.
Indiana is not allowing voters to vote by mail due to COVID-19. Unless you're eligible to vote under normal circumstances, you'll need to vote in person.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Indiana, under the heading for voter registration.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your election administators.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- No. Voters in Indiana cannot be barred from polling places over not wearing masks.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
COVID-19 is NOT an accepted reason for requesting a mail-in ballot. However, some Indiana voters are eligible to vote by mail:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Here are Indiana's Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
- Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
- Absentee Ballot Application: Apply via Voter Portal | Download Form
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Indiana requires photo identification to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your polling place for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you are unable or unwilling to present ID meeting these requirements, you may cast a provisional ballot. If you cast a provisional ballot, you have until noon 10 days after the election to follow up with the county election board and either provide the necessary documentation or affirm one of the law's exemptions applies to you.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Indiana Elections State Information Center:
- Call 1-866-733-2463 or contact the Center via this form.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Hoosiers!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,