YOUR VOTE: Georgia
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 5, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is October 30.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
Georgia voters can request mail-in ballots, no excuse needed, for this fall's election. Requests must be received by October 30, 2020.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Georgia.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your county elections office.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Maybe. Although Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp has decided to issue a statewide mask mandate, as of mid-August, he allowed local mask mandates with certain limits. It's possible that your area may require masks to vote. To be certain, check with your polling location.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
Georgia voters don't need excuses to request mail-in ballots:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
- Here's how to get an absentee ballot.
- Absentee Ballot Application: Download the Form | Submit Online
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Georgia requires a photo identification to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your polling place for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you are unable to provide ID, you will be able to vote a provisional ballot. If you are a first-time voter, you will need to provide a copy of your ID to your County Board of Elections and Registration within three days of the election. As long as you do so and are eligible to vote, your provisional ballot will be counted.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Georgia Secretary of State:
- Call 844.753.7825 or use this contact form.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Georgians!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,