YOUR VOTE: Alabama
Get ready to cast your ballot in the fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- The registration cutoff for this year's general election is on October 19, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Submit an absentee ballot application (be sure to complete your county's application) to your local Board of Registrarsas early as possible. You request must be received by October 29.
Alabama voters who want to vote by absentee ballot this fall should submit their absentee ballot requests as soon as possible.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered to vote? This handy site lets you check your status and explains how to register online, in person, or using a downloadable mail-in form. It's never been simpler.
- Here's everything necessary to register as a voter this election seasons in Alabama.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Use the Alabama Secretary of State's Polling Place Locatorto find your polling place.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Not as of mid-August. In an interview, Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill said that Alabama's current statewide mask order specifically excludes polling places and added that no one will be prevented from casting a ballot in person if they aren't wearing a mask.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
Any Alabama voter who wants one can receive an absentee ballot, no excuse required.
- Find and complete the Absentee Ballot Application for your county. You'll need to print and complete the application, then either mail or hand deliver it to your county's Absentee Election Manager's office.
- A copy of your valid photo identification is required along with your application.
- After you've submitted your absentee ballot, you can check on its status here.
- Here are Alabama's Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
- Out of town, or serving our military abroad? Here's how to get an absentee ballot and make sure that your voice is heard.
- Absentee Ballot Applications by county
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Alabama requires a valid picture ID to vote, though they make some exceptions.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If an eligible voter doesn’t have a valid ID and is positively identified by two election officials, they can so state in a sworn affidavit so such voter can vote a regular ballot.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
Contact the Elections Division of the Alabama Secretary of State:
- The Elections Division of the Alabama Secretary of State can be reached at the following phone number: (334) 242-7210 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Alabamans!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,