YOUR VOTE: U.S. Virgin Islands
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
U.S. Virgin Islands
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration cutoff is October 3, 2020.
- Registration must be done in person at one of three Board of Elections locations.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- All registered voters can request absentee ballots by completing an application form and submitting it by email or fax to either the St. Croix or the St. Thomas/St. John absentee ballot return addresses, depending on their address.
- Absentee ballot requests will be accepted from September 8 to October 27, 2020 (receive by date).
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
The U.S. Virgin Islands is allowing all registered voters to request mail-in ballots this fall. Requests must be submitted from September 8 to October 27, 2020 for the November general election.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- Find your polling site from this Polling Places list.
- Click here to find contact information for your local election authority.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Yes. Temperature checks, a mask requirement for voters and poll workers, and social distancing will be in effect at voting centers this fall.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
An excuse is not needed to vote absentee in the U.S. Virgin Islands this year:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. A absentee ballot application can be downloaded here. It must be submitted to either the St. Croix or St. Thomas/St. John Absentee Ballot Returns, depending on your location.
- Find instructions on requesting absentee ballots here.
Out of town or serving abroad?
- Here's how to get an absentee ballot and who's eligible to vote absentee.
- Absentee Ballot Application: Download the Form
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- ID is not required to vote in the U.S. Virgin Islands; however, having a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, will speed up the process.
- This article provides a list of accepted credentials to register to vote.
- Contact your local elections office for a list of acceptable credentials.
Don't have a valid ID?
- Contact your local elections office for information on what to do if you don't have the necessary documentation to obtain a voter identification card.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Election System of the Virgin Islands:
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Virgin Islanders!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,