YOUR VOTE: American Samoa
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration cutoff is October 5, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Request your absentee ballot by October 19, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. for the general election.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
American Samoa has not yet announced whether no-excuse absentee voting will be available for this fall's general election. Earlier this year, the Election Commissioner made active registered voters stranded off-island eligible to vote by absentee ballot; however, there is not yet an announcement on whether registered voters on-island will be eligible to vote by absentee ballot due to COVID-19 concerns.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in American Samoa.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- Find your polling site online.
- Contact the American Samoa Government Election Office via this form, email (email@example.com), or phone at 1-684-699-3570 or 1-684-699-3571.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- It's not yet clear. Contact the American Samoa Government Election Office via this form, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or phone at 1-684-699-3570 or 1-684-699-3571 for information on this closer to Election Day.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
American Samoa is including stranded voters to be included in absentee voting this fall:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. An absentee ballot application can be downloaded here. It must be received by October 19, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. for the general election.
Out of town or serving abroad?
- Here's how to get an absentee ballot and who's eligible to vote absentee.
- Absentee Ballot Application: Download the Form
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- You need to show a valid ID to vote. You can use a valid American Samoa Voter ID card with photo or valid U.S. passport.
- This article provides a list of accepted credentials to obtain a voter registration card.
- Contact the American Samoa Election Office for a list of acceptable credentials.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you don't have a valid American Samoa Voter ID card with photo or valid U.S. passport, you may show a combination of two IDs comprising of other government-issued photo IDs and/or your birth certificate.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The American Samoa Government Election Office:
- Call 1-684-699-3570 or 1-684-699-3571
- Email email@example.com for general questions
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for absentee voting questions
- Send mail to P.O. Box 3970, Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799
- Submit questions via this form
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), American Samoans!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,