YOUR VOTE: West Virginia
Get ready to cast your ballot.
With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in West Virginia.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
III. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Use the West Virginia Secretary of State's widget to find your polling place.
IV. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- West Virginia requires voter identification.
- If you're a first-time voter who registered to vote by mail, you'll need to show proof of residence to vote. Acceptable proofs of residence include: photo ID, a current utility bill, a bank statement, a government check, a paycheck, or another current government document showing your name and address.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If a voter shows up to vote, does not have an ID, and does not fall under any of the exceptions, the voter will be able to vote a provisional ballot and has an opportunity to prove his or her residence at the county clerk’s office before canvass begins (usually 5 days after Election Day).
- Voters without ID may be able to vote regular ballots if a poll worker has known them for at least six months prior to the election; an adult accompanying them signs an affidavit certifying their identity; or they're a resident of a licensed state care facility and their polling place is in that facility.
V. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
Contact the West Virginia Official Election Center:
- The West Virginia Official Election Center can be reached at (304) 558-6000 or online form here.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
- Check out the West Virginia Secretary of State's Elections Division site
- Look up your polling place, track your absentee ballot, and more on GoVoteWV
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), West Virginians!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the