YOUR VOTE: Virginia
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- The registration cutoff for the General Election is October 13 for online, posted, and in-person registration.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is October 23 by mail or online, or 3 days before the election if in person. The local election official must receive your request by 5:00 p.m.
- An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here, or you can apply online via the Virginia Department of Elections.
- All ballots must be postmarked by Election Day and received by noon three days after Election Day.
The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is 11 days before Election Day if requesting by mail or online, and three days before Election Day if in person.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Virginia.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Use the Virginia Secretary of State's Citizen Portal to view your polling place, election district, absentee ballot status, and more.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Yes. Masks are required when access state or local government services in Virginia.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
ALL Vermont voters will receive mail-in ballots for the November 2020 election:
- Apply to vote absentee as soon as possible to ensure that your request is processed and your ballot mailed in time for the election.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Virginia requires a photo ID to vote.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your polling place for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you can't provide ID, you'll be required to sign a statement affirming that you're the registered voter you claim to be. You'll then be offered a provisional ballot. After completing the provisional ballot, you'll be given written instructions from election officials on how to submit a copy of your ID so your vote can be counted. You'll have until noon on the Friday after the election to deliver a copy of your ID to the local electoral board.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
Contact the Virginia Department of Elections:
- Contact the Virginia Department of Elections at (804) 864-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Virginians!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,