YOUR VOTE: Mississippi
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 1, 2020.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Mississippi voters cannot opt to vote by mail due to COVID-19.
- For those qualified to vote absentee, an Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- If you are returning your completed absentee ballot by U.S. Mail, the clerk must receive it by 5:00 p.m. on Election Day.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Mississippi.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your City or Town Clerk.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- Masks are recommended for the general public when outside the home, but there is no statewide order.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
COVID-19 is an accepted reason for requesting a mail-in ballot:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. An Absentee Ballot Application can be downloaded here.
- Here are Mississippi's Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Mississippi requires photo identification from all voters.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your county election office for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you do not have a valid ID, you may sign an affidavit and vote a regular ballot.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Mississippi Office of Secretary of State:
- Call 800-829-6786 or fill out this form.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Mississippians!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,