YOUR VOTE: Maine
Get ready to cast your ballot this fall.
It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 3, 2020.
General Registration Deadline:
- Registration-cutoff is October 16, 2020.
- Maine has same-day registration.
Deadline to Request Mail-In Ballot:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is October 29, 2020.
- An absentee ballot application can be submitted online here.
Maine voters can request mail-in ballots without any excuse needed. The deadline to request mail-in ballots is October 29, 2020.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter in Maine.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your City or Town Clerk.
Do I need to wear a mask to the polls?
- No. While election officials will be required to wear cloth face coverings and/or face shields while working at the polls, and poll workers who are cleaning voting booths, tables, and other surfaces will be required to wear gloves, voters will not be required to wear face masks. Additionally, voters will not be turned away for not wearing masks. With that said, wearing masks is strongly encouraged.
V. COVID-19 MAIL-IN VOTING & ABSENTEE VOTING
Maine voters do not need an excuse to request an absentee ballot:
- Request your absentee ballot from your town/city clerk as early as possible. This can be done online here.
- Here are COVID-19 Absentee Voter Registration Instructions.
Out of town or serving abroad?
VI. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Maine does not require photo identification to vote, only to register.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your municipal clerk and registrar for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- Once you have registered to vote, no further voter ID is required to vote in Maine, except for some first time voters.
VII. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Maine Secretary of State:
- Call (207) 624-7650 or email CEC.Elections@maine.gov.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Mainers!
YOUR VOTE: OklahomaBy Countable OKLAHOMA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key
YOUR VOTE: North CarolinaBy Countable NORTH CAROLINA It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,
YOUR VOTE: MassachusettsBy Countable Massachusetts It's election season! Are you ready? With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration,