YOUR VOTE: Illinois
Get ready to cast your ballot.
With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents you'll need. Best of all, you can share this info with your friends and neighbors. Make sure that your vote counts!
I. WAIT! BEFORE YOU SCROLL ANY FURTHER, REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register? Or maybe you just want election reminders? Thanks to TurboVote, we've got you covered. Just click below:
II. KNOW THE DATES
- November 8, 2022
Voter Registration Deadline
- October 11, 2022 - Deadline to register to vote in person or postmarked by this date for mail delivery.
- October 23, 2022 - Deadline to register to vote online.
Ballot Request Deadlines:
- November 3, 2022 - Final day to request and return a completed absentee ballot application online or by mail.
- November 7, 2022 - Final day to request and return a completed absentee ballot application in person.
Ballot Return Deadlines:
- November 8, 2022 - Absentee ballots (via mail or in person) must be received or postmarked by this date.
Registered voters in Illinois who want to vote by absentee ballot this fall should submit an absentee ballot application to their local election authority as soon as possible.
III. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Not sure if you're registered? This handy widget will tell you whether you're on the voter rolls.
- Here are the requirements to register as a voter.
Need To Register?
- Yes, it's so important we're including it twice. Here's that link again:
IV. WHERE TO VOTE
- School, firehouse or community center, this simple form will tell you where to go to cast your ballot.
- Click here to find contact information for your local election authority.
V. WHAT TO TAKE TO THE POLLS
Voter ID Laws:
- Illinois requires ID only if a first-time voter registered by mail, or if their signature is challenged.
- Here is the list of accepted credentials.
- Contact your local election authority for an acceptable list of options.
Don't have a valid ID?
- If you can't provide ID, you can cast a provisional ballot. After voting provisionally, you will be told how to submit additional proof of registration to the election authority. This additional information must be received by the election authority no later than the close of business on the Tuesday following the election.
VI. HAVING TROUBLE? GET IN TOUCH
The Illinois Secretary of State:
- Call 217-782-4141 or email email@example.com.
Voter ID Helpline:
- Call 844-338-8743
Any other questions?
See you at the ballots (or mailboxes), Illinoisians!
YOUR VOTE: West VirginiaBy Countable WEST VIRGINIA With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the read more...
YOUR VOTE: VermontBy Countable VERMONT With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents read more...
YOUR VOTE: UtahBy Countable UTAH With just a few clicks, we'll walk through voter registration, key election dates, and all the documents read more...